BE NEWSWORTHY – Magazines, newspapers, TV, radio, on-line media — they are ALL looking for stories, for news in their niche. Interesting fact: they could care less that you just gave a client of yours such outstanding service that they gave you a bonus, sent you flowers and told everyone you are their hero. They do not care that you received a standing ovation at your last presentation. It could be your biggest life achievement (to you) and not be considered newsworthy to the media. BUT…publish a book? YES! In my personal experience, you can get media exposure and FREE PUBLICITY when you announce the release of your book—even if they have never heard of you before, and even if you have never published anything before.
A press kit would have the following:
- An author photo at 300 dpi (high-resolution)
• Your book’s front cover art at 300 dpi (high-resolution)
• A properly formatted press release
• Info about your publisher, where your book can be found for sale and retail price
• An author bio (short and/or long, depending on the situation)
• Positive reviews (if you have them yet) and copies of any positive articles about you as an author or about your work
“Zip” all of these files into one folder for easy emailing and download.